Friday, June 5, 2009

Thoughts on a Silence Night 静夜思 by Li Bai


In Chinese characters.

静夜思
床前明月光
疑是地上霜
举头望明月
低头思故乡

Direct Translation
Bed before bright moon shine
Think be ground on frost
Raise head view bright moon
Lower head think home

[Correct interpretion]
Before my bed, the moon is shining bright,
I think that it is frost upon the ground.
I raise my head and look at the bright moon,
I lower my head and think of home.

(English Version)

The moon light is pouring down on my bedside
Like white frost spreading on the ground
I look up the bright round moon in the sky
And lower my head thinking of my dear hometown

(Singlish (Phua Chu Kang) Version)

Bedfront Moon Bright Bright
Think Is Floor White White
Lift Head See Moon Moon
Bow Head Miss Home Home...

(Ah-Beng Version)

Bedfront Orr Pi Sai (pick nose)
Think Think Go Pang Sai
Pick Up Tai Gor Tai (handphone)
BS While Lau Sai


(Latest Reservist Army Version)

Bedfront Lau Bark Sai (tears drop)
Thinking About Exercise(reservist mobilization)
Drop Dead Look Into The Sky (run until no
breathe)
Tong Kor Sia Lang Zai? (my heartache nobody knows)

(Osama version)

No friend at my side
Think think Bush will fight
Lift head but where to hide?
This time don't know when will die ?

(Bush version)

Can't sleep since that night
Think think where he hide ?
Bomb bomb friends will say I pai
No choice ask them go fly kite

No comments: